Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Fabulous Life (For Two Days): NY FASHION WEEK REPORT

Ah, where to even begin ...
I'll start with the details
Shows I attended: Bill Blass, Reem Acra, Cynthia Rowley (at Gotham Hall), Chris Han, Custo Barcelona, Zac Posen, Rad Hourani (At Bumble & Bumble Loft), Carmen Marc Valvo, Willow, Zang Toi, Sean Jean (at Cipriani).

Celebs I saw: ANNA WINTOUR!, Nina Garcia, Rachel Zoe, Grace Coddington, Veronica Webb, Hamish Bowles, Sophia Bush, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Parker Posey, Tyson Beckford, the cast of Lipstick Jungle, minus Brooke, Ellen Pompeo, Richie Rich, Dale from TopChef, Jack from Project Runway, the cast of Make Me a Supermodel, Christian from Project Runway (I think).

BIGGEST MOMENT: Watching a model bite it on the Zac Posen runway -- and watching Anna Wintour watching it.

BIGGEST MOMENT #2: Standing next to Zac Posen as he was getting interviewed backstage (thanks for the pass, Patti!).

BIGGEST MOMENT #4: When Richie Rich walked by me at the Zac Posen afterparty.

BIGGEST MOMENT #5: Just being there.

More later, I am immersed in deadline hell. I HAVE SO MANY PRODUCTS TO REVIEW -- including a moisturizer that looks like frosting (ew!), Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Leave-in conditioner and skin moisturizer (love it, it smells like the beach), Urban Decay goodies (the Brow Box is the BEST EVER PRODUCT!), Biotherm mega-moisturizer, and some Donna Karan Cashmere Mist moisturizer -- beware the moisturizer, in a pinch I put some on my hands and realized sometime later that the stuff is FULL OF GLITTER! Ack.

In the mean time, chew on this bit of info: Hermes on Oak St. is set to RAISE its already stratospheric prices. Yet the lip gloss stick at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store in Bucktown remains under $2.

No comments: