Friday, June 15, 2007

That's Amore -- Amore Pacific, that is



A few months ago I was invited to preview this new line of luxury botanical skincare out of Korea that's made with green tea harvested on the company's own private island. Got a free facial, it rocked. But the bag of samples I got sat in my bathroom until about a week ago. Amore Pacific gets most of its props for its superultramega moisturizers. And that's cool, for people who don't break out just by touching the lid. So pretty much, I didn't touch any lids. About a week ago, I couldn't find my special facial cleanser, which I buy from my best friend in Savannah, who is a plastic surgeon and runs a med-spa. I bought a whole face system from her but since it was prescription, she told me I had to read the directions before starting. Yeah, I'll get right on that. At some point. So I don't do much beyond using the cleanser. And last week, I couldn't find it. So I broke out this cleanser from Amore Pacific. I have to say, I was really impressed. It took off makeup instantly and without any residue whatsoever, even though it's called an "oil" on the container. It goes on as an oil, but then you add a bit of water and it soaps up like a, well, like a soap. Removing it gently with a damp face cloth, I couldn't believe how clean my pores were. And anyone who knows me knows I tend towards the Kabuki with the make-up. I may actually start buying it once my sample size draws to a close. It's $50 at Neimans. I will slather on some occasional Retin A and call it a clean, clear day. That's amore!

1 comment:

Absolutely Swagulous! said...

the face spritz -- skin energy hydration delivery system -- is good. doesn't ruin makeup & is refreshing.